Choosing the right Exhibition Contractor
You only have a few seconds to attract potential customers onto your stand, therefore one cannot underestimate the value and importance of making sure your stand is eye catching and welcoming.
Stand contractors should lower your workload with their experience in stand building, organising various aspects of the stand ie. Graphic printing, lighting, electrical etc and their relationship with the organisers. You should be focusing on the marketing and advertising & attracting visitors to your stand.
Choosing the right exhibition designer and contractor starts with your detailed exhibition design brief – if they don’t know what you want they can’t deliver!
When choosing a contractor, base your decision on the following;
Their creative response to your brief & have all the design elements been included
- Track record – ask for testimonials or contact 3 of their clients
- If possible, visit other events where the stand contractor is building, check the finishes of the stand
- Are they able to build nationally or overseas if required
- Do they sub contract?
- Pricing – is the stand within your budget? If not, can they come up with solutions to reduce costs
- Timelines – from concept to execution. You need your stand builder to complete the job within the allocated time
- Read the contract – read the fine print – read the payment terms
Once you have selected your stand builder;
Draw up an action plan of who is providing what and when
The client customarily supplies artwork ready for print, gifts & giveaways & catering
- Check if the stand is being mock built and see if you can view it before it’s packed and ready for transporting to the venue
- Attend the exhibitor briefing
- Monitor the build up of your stand on site
- Ensure that you and the stand builder have set a date and time for handover of the stand
Choosing the correct stand contractor can make or break the attraction to your stand – your brief and pre-planning is vital for overall success.